Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Environmental Self Portrait

My last assignment for my class was to do an environmental self portrait. The only requirement was that we had to take it ourselves and it was supposed to represent your environment. I couldn't think of anything but kids in my environment so this is what I came up with. I was thinking about that church painting with the woman holding a baby in her night gown. I do really like it, but I don't love it. I am too busy to take the time to do another shoot so it will do. I accidentally had my ISO way too high so there is noise. Other than that I thought it turned out pretty good. My favorite is the way his cute little feet are showing. Oh, and I am actually in a picture, that is rare proof that I exist.

9 awesome comments:

Tammy said...

oh cute!! I really like that picture! Cilla you look great! and I love seeing little Carter's feet too! cute!!

Jen said...

I LOVE IT! Did you use the timer, or do you have a remote? I can't wait to get my hands on the new Canon 5d. It is supposed to take away ALL noise - even with an ISO up to 3000! You can get noiseware also...that helps a ton!

Pricilla said...

I used a timer, which made it hard for carter b/c he wanted to look over at the beeping camera. Oh man, I have heard amazing things about the new 5D. Some day...

Cami said...

Cilla, you are so talented. It is great picture! i can't wait to see how big Carter is in a few weeks!! i can't wait to see all of you guys!!

Sherry Ellsworth said...

i like!

Memory said...

I LOVE it! (Hmm...I see that's exactly what Jen said! Well, I was typing it before I saw her comment. :-) I know nothing about noise so it looks very "quiet" to me. This would be a framer picture for my house! Awesome!

Heidi said...

cuuuute!

Julia said...

Great picture, and Cilla you look AMAZING!! What are your secrets? Four kids and you are a skinny lady! Again, beautiful picture.

Heidi and Matt said...

your blog is so fun, I love that picture. You really are talented! Do you ever get back to Oregon?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin