I got my Accountable Kids stuff and we are starting to use it but I wanted to share a fun reward system that has really worked for our kids the last couple of months. One day, the reward system we were using got pretty stale so I just slapped a Candy Land board on the wall. We made a quick list of thing that they could do to earn cards and we used push pins for they player pieces. Wow, talk about motivated kids. They love to earn cards and even have a little bit of healthy competition to get to the end. When they get to the end the get to pick Peter, myself or any of their grandparents to go on a date with. How great is that to earn one on one time. It has been so great!
We were having problems getting the kids to stop crawling in our bed in the middle of the night and earning a card totally worked to get them to stop. Seriously, we have been trying to get one of them to stay in their bed all night for a really long time and this nipped it! They even beg for extra chores so they can earn a card(or catch up to someone who is ahead). We will probably integrate this into our new system since they love it so much.(note: I took out all the cards that make them skip around the board). I think a lot of people have a dusty Candy Land game around anyway, so this will put it to good use.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Fun Reward System
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 awesome comments:
What a great idea! Very clever.
That looks fun!
Post a Comment