Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hood To Coast Weekend

Peter ran in the Hood to Coast this year with many brothers, a sister and friends.  He loved it.  Everyone made great time and the team came in quite a bit earlier than estimated.  The kids and I caught up with him before and after one of his legs and the kids held up signs that they made for their Daddy.  Then While Peter stayed with the team, the kids and I drove to my sister's house in Astoria to sleep. 

The next morning I met up with Peter's van again when they finished.  He was in the first van so they were done by 8am while the second van finished up.  My sister was sweet enough to watch all the kids for me and I got to go have a big old breakfast at Pig n' Pancake with Peter and his van.  It was fun to visit and be part of the excitement.  Then I went back and got the kids and met the whole team at the end.  Since they got in a little early, I missed the big finish by a couple of minutes. I had to park over a half mile away, and carry two kids and lead 3 little ones speed walking through a huge crowd to get there and we just missed it! Apparently John and Larry finished in their speedos. I have to say, Heidi rocks for being the only girl on the team.  Way to represent!


Proud of you babe!

The kids loved being part of everything.  It was a lot of work, but it was worth it.

Family picture out-takes are my favorite, I can't help but throw this in.(note: I'm not pregnant, this shirt was not flattering and hey, I have had 5 kids.  I must have forgotten to suck it in.)


I handed my camera to Lucy and she took lots of great pictures.  I kinda liked the break.  The beach was beautiful and gray.
 Lily was a good baby in the backpack the whole time.  She just watched everything going on.
 Tanner on the other hand went a little   totally crazy.  When he sees the ocean he just wants to be one with it.  He has done this before so before he got too carried away I quickly stripped him down to his undies so that he would have dry clothes after. 

 Turns out he was wearing Dallin's undies that were way to big on him and they had a nice hole in the bum.

For the next 20 or 30 minutes Tanner ran in and out of the water oblivious to the CCCCCold water, giggling away the whole time.  What a free spirit!


It was as if he felt nothing.  Watching him might have been my favorite part of the day.  I love this picture, the way he is running from the wave.




Grandma decided to join in.

He fell once getting his whole front wet and then he finally noticed that it he was freezing.  He ran over in a total panic screaming.  The party was over. I stripped his undies off and put his warm clothes on as quickly as I could and wrapped him in Peter's sweatshirt.  I held him tight and warmed him up.  Several minutes later he looked up at me and gave me a huge grin.  Then I knew he was going to make it.  He stayed in his little cocoon the rest of the time though.

 Eden played with Miranda the whole time.


The runners enjoying the triumph.


I just love this picture.  It really sums up this cute little 2 year old at the moment. 


Dallin just loves to play in the sand.  He could stay all day if he could.  Every time we go to the beach he is very sad to leave. 


Cayute little piggies.


Why do I like seeing my children torture my husband?  I don't know but it is funny.


Tanner was still getting over it all when we left.  He looks like Anakin going Darth in this picture, but it wasn't really that bad.  It was a warm day.


Still cute, boogies and all.


The double carry.


After the beach we headed to a team picnic at a beach house for good food and relaxing.  Then we went with a few people to the Seaside Aquarium and fed the seals.  The kids had a blast looking at all the fish and touching many sea creatures.  It is very hands on in there.  It is spendy, and you never know if it will be worth it, but it was a hit this time.

2 awesome comments:

Cami said...

It was fun having you. Your pictures are so dang cute! Between the funny pics and the funny captions, I was rolling!Especially the family pics and lily pulling peters ear...so funny!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Lily pulling Peter's ear. That is classic!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin