Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moments

Tanner Quote:

(Tanner diligently completes a busy etch a sketch drawing with lots of angles)
Tanner: Mom, can we go here?
Me: hmmm...where is that?
Tanner: I don't know.

Tanner LOVES to draw now.  Some of his favorite things to draw are treasure maps(which he rolls up and carries around with him), bugs bunny, rocket ships, Thomas Trains, and the handful of letters that he knows how to make.  I have had to google Percy and Gordon (from Thomas the Train) at his request today to find out their numbers so that he could add them to a picture he was drawing. 

On Sunday we had family over for a barbecue.  Peter was grilling burgers and Tanner got all excited and said "Dad, your making crabby patties!"  Those are the burgers in Sponge Bob.  Then during dinner all without me noticing, he got the strawberry jam out of the fridge, put it on his burger and explained to Miranda that it was "jelly fish jelly", a key ingredient for krabby patties.  When Miranda told me, I couldn't believe it until I saw it.  Sure enough, he was at the kid table thoroughly enjoying his crabby patty.


Carter has come down with the naughties!  In the last couple of weeks, he pulled a fire alarm at church, colored his face completely with markers, threw a kitchen stool down the stairs denting our newly patched wall in the basement among numerous other things I can't recall have blocked out at the moment. 

On the other hand his language is the cutest thing ever!  He is very verbal, I think he picks up a ton from Tanner.  Some of my favorite words are:  Gwanket(blanket), Wiwy(Lily), and Appy Juice(apple juice and any kind of juice) All the kids now call any juice "appy juice".  I love how each child has a different word for blanket or blanky.  Tanners was "kiki".

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin