Thursday, September 11, 2008

!Dias de Verano!

We have been having an indian summer. We have been enjoying this brand new super park near our house that has EVERYTHING. It is like the size of 3 or 4 parks put together and even has a great splash park. Last weekend it was still in the 90s in the evening so we took the kids over to enjoy the late summer fun. They love this park, especially Dallin because there is so much to climb on.







This picture really makes me smile. I love how Carter's face is all squished.
This is one of my favorite pictures ever because it really captures the true meaning of childhood joy. Tanner is so content to be playing so hard and his cheeks are all flushed. I love it when my children are this happy.
This was actually the end of an action packed day. We took the kids out for a pizza lunch and then we went to the Goodwill. That is my favorite place to buy kids games, puzzles, toys and board books. Dallin got a new police car with sirens, Eden got a Cinderella barbie carriage that talks, and Tanner got a couple of dinosaurs to go with his ever growing animal collection. Seriously, you can buy a whole cart full of fun things for a few bucks. Then we came home and spent the afternoon playing some of our new games like Disney Princess Monopoly Jr., Shrek Operation, an I Spy kind of game, we even got a play doh kit that molds race cars, and an over sized pirate ship puzzle and looking at the new books for Carter. Then after all of that we went to the super park for a couple of hours, went shopping for a new bike trailer to stow the kids in and out for burgers. What a full, busy day. Everyone passed out very quickly. We had a great time. I love days when you just let everything go (even nap time) and play like a kid. I just can't believe how fun it is to have a family. The bonds are truly eternal.


3 awesome comments:

Julia said...

What a fun family day! You go to bed at the end of the day like that totally exhausted but just so elated/peaceful/happy/feeling blessed, huh? I love how you did the round corners on the pictures. They were all great pictures!

Cami said...

I Love the picture of...whoever on the swing at sunset! That is awsome! Which kid is that? Dallin?

Jen said...

So Fun! Can you teach me how to round the corners in photoshop? that's on my list of things to learn...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin