Dallin is doing great in Kindergarten! He goes and comes home everyday happy. He is such a good boy and doing better all the time. He is one amazing boy. People that have known us since we moved here are always telling me what a big difference they see in him. His primary teacher told me the other day that Dallin is one of the easier kids in his class now!!!
This is how miss Eden plays with soldiers. Ha Ha, it looks more like a pie to me!
We have had this little friend courtesy of Eden by our front door for a couple of months now. I thought I better take a picture for his memory before he met Mr. Magic Eraser the other day. (there are actually two stick figures if you look at it big)
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom is a pretty cool place. For us it is a lot closer than Disneyland and way cheaper so we opted to do this for our weekend after considering our options. Disneyland will have to wait a few months. I really like how it is a zoo and amusement park incorporated in one. The kids loved both aspects. They were very exited to see sharks so that was the first order of the day. they have one of those conveyer belts that go through a tank so they were pretty wowed with that. This big shark behind Dallin was actually a saw shark and had a really impressive 2 foot saw for a nose. They watched the sharks in the big tank for close to a half hour.
Then we were off to Thomas Town. The outfits went very well in this area. We all rode on Thomas and then the kids rode Harold the helocopter and Bertie the bus.
This is Thomas. This was a really short ride for a train ride, but the scenery was cool like you were at the train station.

This was my favorite kid picture of the day. What a little engineer!
These are matching outfits that Peter's mom gave us. The baby had one too, but it was too big and I didn't think it would be comfortable enough for an all day outing like this, maybe I should have put him in it anyway. Anyway, a lot of people thought they were really cute all matching and it really gave a good family united feeling. Thanks Lori!
The character show is not match for Disneyland shows, but the kids really did like it.
Dallin loved this car ride because he thought it looked like "Grave Digger" a popular monster truck.
We got more comments about the triple stroller than the kids outfits. We were really glad to have it and could easily let all 4 kids ride. Dallin and Eden liked to sit on the front footstool part and hop on and off at will. One time we had Eden, Tanner and Carter in the chairs and Dallin crawled underneath in the storage area to rest for a while. It was so funny. It was kind of like our own little rest stop for the kids throughout the day wherever we went. I admit the attention was kind of fun, we got lots of counting our little kids, smiles and commenting about our "Escalade stroller" as one lady put it, but Peter said it was still nothing compared to going places with his big family growing up.
This is a huge green house with thousands of butterflies and a big koi pond.

The flamingos were so beautiful and graceful. I could have watched all day long. They don't even look real they are so amazing to me.

By the late afternoon, Tanner literally bent in half passed out. Ouch, that can't be comfy. Don't worry, I laid him back after snapping the picture.
Six Flags!!!
This was my favorite kid picture of the day. What a little engineer!Not Pictured:
The kids did tons of rides in loony toon land, played in bugs bunny's house, played in the fun water park, saw lions and tigers, and Shouka the killer whale show. When Tanner was asleep we did a couple of rides that the bigger kids could do that he was too small for. There is a really fun white water rafting ride that Peter, Dallin and Eden did 3 times. Peter said they were laughing histerically the whole time. They got wet and came running up to tell me that they "wet their pants" as a joke afterward totally cracking up. Then we went to the Cobra roller coaster. This is between a big crazy roller coaster and a little kids roller coaster. We had Dallin stand on his toes and somehow he got on. It was the end of the day so the line was short and he did it 3 times. It was the highlight of his day except he wished that it would have gone "up-slide-down".
All four kids did great all day and we were there from when they opened at 10:30am to when they closed at 8pm. I think since Dallin is older, he particularly enjoyed everything that we did and saw. There was very little whining and crying and they seemed just so happy to be there. Dallin did great with lines and never ran away once or had any behavior issues at all. Another measurable difference from last years experience. It was just such a great, low stress, memorable day for our family. We could have easily spent another full day there taking in all the fun. It was awesome!!!
4 awesome comments:
i like how peter poses carter for all of the pictures! Way cute. I can't wait to be there next summer. I am totally making daniel take us there. Not like I'll have to beg to hard, he loves six flags!
Nice stick figure dude Eden! hehe
Oh gosh what a fun place...especially since it's a zoo and amusement park- perfect for kids. I loved that one black and white of Tanner. I also loved all the kids matching outfits...too cute.
I love your blog, I love the background and found one for my blog too.
Post a Comment