Monday, September 22, 2008

Peter

Sorry this is a gushing post, be warned!

Peter is the coolest guy ever! A few months ago he found out about a $500 scholarship that was being offered through his apprenticeship. All he had to do was write an essay so he went for it, and got it! Then a couple of months later he found out about another one that was $1000. This time it was for a collaboration of of apprenticeships nation wide and there were only 2 winners. He won again! They even came to his work to take his picture and present him with a check and put a whole page about him in the newsletter. This time there was a third one for $500 that was similar to the first one. He had to put that he had already received two scholarships this year so he was not hopeful about winning but went for it anyway. They awarded 2 people out of 20 and Peter won again!!! They told him that they reviewed him and when they talked about him they discussed that even though he got the other scholarships, they were still impressed with him enough to give it to him.

I also really appreciate how Peter keeps his priorities straight. The moment he walks in the door each night he is a hands on dad. He plays and cares for our children and isn't afraid of diapers. He is always taking the kids for bike rides or to the park or other family outings. After that last round of pest control hours, he never wants to sacrifice that much time with his kids again. Even though he is ambitious, I don't think he will ever let his career become more important than TIME with the kids, work is secondary for him and he is not nearly as fulfilled by it(I think he is like his Dad in that way). Kids spell time L-O-V-E you know :)

He is also such a sweet husband to me. My favorite thing to do with Peter is just talk about our life and our family and our goals. I love how we are all about the same things. Peter really listens to me and we really respect each other's opinions. I know I am hard on him at times(I blamed it on the pregnancy hormones when I was prego), but he really tries to do the little things that make a big difference to me. Even when he doesn't think something is a big deal he can see that it is to me and he respects that.

Lately we have been going on a date EVERY week without missing. We have always continued to date in our marriage but not this consistently. Since we are trying to be frugal, sometimes it is a long bike ride and talk, or ice cream or something simple, but we easily fill up 2 hours or more just visiting. I can't speak for him but I have been trying to pretend that it is a date from before we were married. I guess just trying to be funny and cool so that he will like me or something. It makes it so much fun. I really look forward to our Wednesday nights now and we work better as a team the rest of the week.

Another thing we have been doing lately is emailing. I haven't really emailed him before just to email him, but we have found that it is a really fun way to flirt and appreciate things, and get exited about our next date. It makes sense since we both check our emails several times a day, but don't always get a chance to talk until the evening.

I feel blessed.

3 awesome comments:

Cami said...

Thats wonderful. I am happy that you are happy! I like the idea of pretending that you aren't married yet so you impress him. I'll bet that makes him feel really good. i think I will try that next time I have a date! Oh wait!!! He will be home on wednesday!!!! That wont be a were're not married yet kind of date...wink wink...

The Perry family said...

I think you guys are both amazing!!! You guys are both ambitious and hard working and seem to enjoy every moment of it.

Heidi said...

yeah! thzts awesome and that sreally cool you started emaiing eachother

Blog Widget by LinkWithin