I think having traditions in our family is very important. That is probably the one thing I really absorbed from the class I took about family structure in college. Tradition creates a deep sense of belonging and bonding within the family. So I am always trying to find little things that when our kids grow up they will say, "my family always did this together". No matter how small, a new tradition is welcome in our family. Lately we have been having a movie night each week(another idea from John and Kate). I bought a huge collections of Disney movies on VHS off of Craigslist last summer for less than a dollar each. We have some kind of treat, like popcorn or candy and all sit down together and enjoy a Disney movie together. It is extra special when we pull the couch directly in front of the t.v. This week we ate pizza on a blanket as a "picnic" while we watched. The kids love it, and it is just neat that we are all doing something fun together.
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 awesome comments:
If you want healthy microwave popcorn here is a great recipe. Use a new brown paper lunch bag. Put in 1/4 cup of unpopped kernals. fold it a couple of times on the top so it doesn't pop out. Put it in your microwave and hit the popcorn button. When it sounds like it's al most all popped take it out. Usually there is 10+ seconds left. Then if you want use the spray butter and spray a few squirts on and add sea salt.
Tastes great, healthy and cheap.
Also the library has tons of movies you can check out for free and if you plan ahead you can reserve them online at home with your library card from any of the local libraries and they will deliver it the library of your choice free of charge.
I'm all about saving money, can you tell?!
Post a Comment