Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pumpkin Farm

We went to a really fun pumpkin farm the other day. We did things like a hay ride, picking pumpkins from the patch, riding a train, and a fun mountain slide. Dallin is really getting to an age that he gets so exited about things like this so it makes everything so much more fun. He begged all the next day to carve the pumpkins, but I made him wait until Peter was home. Then, when we carved them, he was so into it. Since last Halloween, he has pulled our pumpkin carving knives out and I had to explain that we only use those around Halloween. I think it must have been on his mind a lot so his anticipation was totally cute.
Carter was such a trooper even though it was hot, he never complained and was just happy to be strapped to Peter.

As far as photography goes, this is my favorite right now. I love the texture of the tire tracks and the wood, all good things to look at. I also like how it shows a lot of depth from Tanner way into the distance.
Dallin picked out his pumkin by himself and insisted on carrying it himself as well. I didn't have the heart to point out that his pumkin was pretty mishapen and already a little shriveled on one side.
The kids ran up and went down this slide at least ten times which was pretty impressive since it was at least 85 degrees out and the end of the day. It must have been really fun!
Digging for gold was really fun. There were hundreds of marbles in the mix of rocks and each kid got to find ten and take them home. All three of our older kids thought it was pretty special.
Eden wanted nothing to do with going to jail, she even got upset when I went in, but Dallin thought it was cool.

5 awesome comments:

Cami said...

Looks loke the phototography skills are coming out to play!!!

Tammy said...

ooo cool slide!

Anonymous said...

thats some slide!

Marnie Bergeson said...

Fun post!

Anonymous said...

I love that B and L of Dallin in jail and the one with the road. Very artistic.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin