Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lucky Magic Wand

I can't live without the wand attachment to my vacuum. I use it to edge the corners every time because around here it really needs it. I just doesn't look clean to me unless the edges are done. However, almost every time, I have to go searching for it because it has magically walked away. I usually find it in the toy room or in some one's bedroom. I can't figure out what the big interest in it is, but for some reason it must be really fun to play with.

Yesterday it came up missing as usual. I didn't think much of it and began looking in the usual places. But I couldn't find it anywhere! I looked and looked and started to get a little irritated. Then Eden asked me what I was looking for and I told her. Eden is in a stage where she will tell me long stories that take a long time to get out and don't have much to do with anything. This time though she caught my attention when I heard something about Dallin and Dirt. I sat down with her and asked her to repeat the story.

She said that she saw Dallin outside with it and he put it in the dirt and covered it up with mud! Trying to stay calm I smiled and enthusiastically asked her if she could show me where. She happily led me outside to an exact spot at the side of the house and pointed to a place that I never would have suspected anything of. I stuck my finger about a quarter inch in and sure enough pulled out our muddy vacuum wand! I was so relieved that she had seen this crime in action and that she realized I was looking for it and told me about it. How lucky is that! As far as I know, this is the first time this has happened, but now I am left wondering what else is out there.

Thanks to Eden saving the day, our carpets are clean and edged and all is right in the world. Now to find a safe place to keep this slippery wand so it doesn't happen again.

1 awesome comments:

april b said...

Love it! Boys do the strangest things! I love that he was installing underground pipes! What a great imagination!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin