On Friday Dallin and I got to go on a special date together. A few months ago we got this book from the library and Dallin thought it was magical. It really spoke to him. He told me he wanted to sail away to the Wild Things! I think the little boy in this book and Dallin have a lot in common. They both have wild imaginations and are a little wild themselves. When I heard about this movie I knew I wanted to take him. We very rarely go to movies, but we just had to go. His teacher read it to him at school the day before so Dallin was excited when I told him about our date.
Reading the movie description sealed the deal, it sounded just like Dallin:
"Max, a rambunctious and sensitive boy feels misunderstood at home and escapes to where the Wild Things are. He lands on an island where he meets mysterious and strange creatures whose emotions are as wild and unpredictable as their actions. The Wild Things desperately long for a leader to guide them, just as Max longs for a kingdom to rule. When Max is crowned king, he promises to create a place where everyone will be happy. Max soon finds, though, that ruling his kingdom is not so easy and his relationships there prove to be more complicated than he originally thought."
We had such a great time. Dallin was so into it and I loved looking at him at the "wild" moments and seeing the big grin on his face. It really seems like this movie was made just him.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wild
Posted by Pricilla at 8:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment