Today I dropped Dallin off for his last day of school. After school yesterday, Peter and I went to give his teacher's cards and gifts. It has been very touching to see how loved he is there by everyone who knows him. Dallin's classmates are very sad that he is leaving, they really like him. He even has a special little girlfriend that will miss him. I could not hold back tears as his teacher gave him a hug and told him how much she would miss having him in her class. We said goodbye to his aid too. She said that he has been as important to her as she has been for him. She was with him in Kindergarten as well so she really knows him.
Then we went to the resource room and said goodbye to a very special lady that helped get Dallin into the school last year even though there was no room. She took it upon herself to get him into the educational setting that he needed and his life has been so blessed by that.
Our last stop was the principal. He loves Dallin too and has always gone out of his way to make him feel special and important. It is overwhelming to see how many people really do adore our little man. I hope that he will find people this special at his new school, it really has paved a road to success for him. I think leaving this school is the saddest thing about moving away, I wish we could just transplant it home with us.
A letter from one of his class friends.
1 awesome comments:
so sweet. I can't wait to have his sweetness home! YAAAAAAAY!
Post a Comment