That has been Carter's nickname the last couple of weeks. We first noticed it just before Lily was born. No amount of bathing him could solve it. It was not good, he smelled bad, like something rotten! It seemed to be coming from his face. We worried that he was having some kind of stomach problem. We even had to roll the windows down in the car the other day, it was getting ridiculous. I couldn't take him to church on Sunday either. I finally called the doctor and made an appointment. Yeah, it was a little strange/funny when the secretary asked what he needed to be seen for and I replied, "Um, he smells really bad." and "No, no other symptoms, he just stinks."
So this morning, after over 2 weeks of trying to figure it out he finally saw the doctor. Similar conversation to the above. The doctor began drilling me with questions about other symptoms to which I said he had none. Then I said the only weird thing that happened around the same time was a cotton fetish. We had an old quilt that had come apart at the seam and he was obsessed with pulling the cotton out, holding it up to his face like a blanky and even sticking it in his mouth and ears. We threw the blanket out because he wouldn't stop doing it. That didn't stop the smell, so here we were $30 poorer from a doctor copay, thankful that at least he was a cute stinky boy.
The doctor immediately looked in his ears, mouth and nose. Then he proclaimed, "Ah, there is a huge piece of cotton up his nose!" Turns out that can get pretty smelly if left unnoticed for a couple of weeks! Ewe!!! So after a few uncomfortable moments on the doctors table, he was once again cotton and stink free. That is one expensive piece of cotton but I am so glad that it was such a simple and solvable problem. Kids are SO GROSS!
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
STINKY!
Posted by Pricilla at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 awesome comments:
Wow, what a crazy story! haha! Note to self, if a child is ridiculously stinky...check up their nose! lol!
so so funny! I wish there was a picture of the cotton. eeeww.
Hahaha! My little cousin did this with a bean and had the same problem. I agree, kids are gross!
Post a Comment