Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Bandage is Off

Well it was hard to wait a whole week because I wanted to see what it looked like but today we finally took Eden's bandage off. I am so pleased with the result. The cut stayed closed and seems to be sealed shut. It was open about a quarter inch before. I didn't take any pictures before but trust me, it looks so much better. There is not really much scabbing and it feels very smooth like there isn't a lot of scar tissue forming. The important thing now is to keep it out of the sun and keep it moist. I found that Maderma now makes a cream that has SPF 30 in it. I have to put it on 3 times a day for 2 months!!! The only reason I care so much is because it is right there on her cheek. I have a family member who has dealt with a prominent facial scar her whole life and I just don't want Eden to have to deal with that. I hope that after 2 months it will not even be noticeable. I think she is in good shape thanks to the tape that the doc put on. I agree it was the best thing now that I see the results.
We went to visit Peter for lunch on Saturday in Stockton and went to our favorite pizza place. This is the kids watching the virtual roller coaster. I thought it was kind of neat to see all of there profiles lined up like that.
Peter with Zora at the Pizza place.

2 awesome comments:

Heidi said...

good edens face is improving. i have a scar on my face next to my lip but no one notices it unless i stretch my skiin and point it out so hopefully the same will be for eden if anything does stay

Anonymous said...

You guys do the neatest things ever with your kids! You're the greatest parents ever!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin