Friday, May 16, 2008

Fake Out

Still pregnant here, so I thought I would share a lovely story, not. First of all, I have been sleeping horrible for the last few months as you can imagine, many trips to the bathroom, tossing and turning, adjusting all the pillows, the occasional crying child, the toddler that crawls in our bed and sleeps sideways and kicks(why did we ever allow that habit?) ,throwing off blankets because I am hot and then putting them back on later, and worst of all the pinched nerve in my back that acts up when I am sleeping which makes sleep impossible and is only alleviated by doing back rows with weights(I have been up lifting weights in the middle of the night many times lately) or heating pads. It has been over 100 degrees here this week and it is not cooling off at night so the other night we went to bed with the A/C on 76 degrees. I woke up many times sweating so I kept getting up and turning the thermostat down one degree at a time. In the morning I discovered that I had taken it all the way down to 71! I think I will probably get better sleep when the baby comes.

So with all of that going on I was so relieved last night because I went to bed and when I first woke up to use the restroom, to my surprise, it was getting light outside. Ah, it felt so good to have a good nights rest. I noticed that the above mentioned toddler had crawled in between us as usual, but just went back to bed since it would be time to get up soon anyway (we get up at 6). The next thing I knew, I woke up and noticed that I was soaked. My first thought was, wow my water broke! It only took a moment to discover however that it if your water breaks it would not get all over your belly and that my sweet toddler had wet the bed!!! That never happens, and of course they were right up next to me when it happened. I am not sure if I was more grossed out or more disappointed that it wasn't my water that broke. Actually, I think life is pretty funny at our house with never a dull moment. I am fully aware that I do not make motherhood and having a bunch of little ones look glamorous, but I really do love it.

4 awesome comments:

Tammy said...

Poor Cilla..I just have to laugh though. hehehe..Your almost done though! wow, only 7 days!

Memory said...

That's a great story! Eeeewwww! Between this story, Sarah's, and Nicole's, I'm feeling like I've been living the high life around here with no uuber gross things happening lately. I'm sure that means I'm in for it. Maybe your next seven days be pregnancy bliss. :-)

Heidi said...

hahahah thats hilarious.. but arnt u in the hosptial right now?

Anonymous said...

What an awesome story! It stinks that it wasn't your water...but pretty funny! I got Joshua poo all over my pants the other day...gotta love being a mom to little ones!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin