Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bringing Carter Home

The last few days have been filled with so many precious moments. Carter has filled an empty spot that we didn't even know was there. Carter has been accepted by his siblings with open arms and it is so fun to watch them with him. Here are a couple of sweet things that the kids have done.

When we were about to have the baby the nurses were moving around the room getting things ready, but it was pretty quiet. Dallin was sitting on the couch with Grandma and he started singing this song in a very sweet little voice. He had everyone in the room smiling, but Grandma was the only one that could really hear the words he made up. Later she wrote them down for me:

"My monster truck- It crashed into the doctor's stuff. It wrecked the doctor's stuff. Now the doctor's stuff is broken. The doctor's stuff don't work anymore."

When we came home we brought a gift for each of the kids. Eden got a little baby boy doll. She was so exited. I told her my baby's name was Carter, what was her baby's name? She contemplated for a few seconds and said "My baby's name is Carter too."

The first time I went upstairs to feed the baby she brought her baby along too. We got her a little chair from her room and she sat next to me in my chair. I explained that I was going to feed my baby and if she wanted she could get a bottle and feed hers too. She quickly left and returned with a toy bottle and sat and fed her baby with me. It was priceless.

Tanner is doing better than I expected. He doesn't dote over the baby like the other kids do, but he seems to be okay with Carter. I think that having three kids already, they were already used to sharing my attention so it hasn't made a big difference to them. Having grandmas around has really helped too.


Eden decided to tuck her baby in with Carter.


4 awesome comments:

Julia said...

Ian and I have loved the pictures and videos from your last two posts. Thanks for sharing these precious moments on your blog! We still can't believe you guys have four kids- can YOU believe it?? :) They sure are all CUTE kiddos.

Marnie Bergeson said...

Congratulations Cilla. This is all so sweet. I absolutely loved watching the video of your grand entry home. The doll for Eden was perfect. She gives her baby a name and you give yours one. I'm going to remember that idea. Oh, I'm just so happy for you.

Memory said...

I love the stories, I love the video. I love it all. It's stuff like this that makes me think, "okay, it'll be okay to do this again." It's amazing how the love just multiplies instead of dividing, isn't it?

Heidi said...

cute!!! carters cute and i cant believe ur family of 6.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin