"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
~ Henry David Thoreau
I have always loved making goals, planning and writing things down. A few months ago, I found this idea a over at Intentionally Katie and made my list, but never really started. I didn't want to jump into something that I wasn't going to take seriously or want to do long term. Over the past few months I have thought about it a lot and looked it over and over. Then last week I went through the list to revise it and realized that because I had written down these goals, I had accomplished many of them and was working on several without even really meaning to. I think this will really help me to become a better person and will be a lot of fun over the next 2 3/4 years. I will still go back and make some tweaks until I am totally happy with it, but I think I am finally ready to make it official.
{One thing that worries me is that over all this time, I will change and some goals will no longer have any value to me. So to help with this, I am giving myself permission to make changes to goals for the only reason of keeping them meaningful. I don't want to be stuck with a goal that I have no desire to do at all.}
I put a countdown on my blog and I am so excited to start this! I plan to track this and write about it all along the way. The Green ones are in progress. Strikethroughs are completed with red date.
1. Attend BYU Education Week or Women's Conference
2. Go on a vacation with just Peter
3.Organize the spaces in the house(office, entry, linen closet, laundry room, garage, school room)
4. Keep a photo a day journal for a month
5. Go to the temple once a month for 6 months
6. Be 10 minutes early to church for 1 month
7. Try couponing for a month
8. Have family dinner together every single day for 2 weeks
9. Have really well planned FHE for 1 month
10. Go on a 30 day sugar fast
11. Complete "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Lessons" book with Eden, Tanner, and Carter
12. Go to bed at 9 and wake up at 6 every day for a month
13. Make bed every day for a month
14. Don't eat after 7pm every day for a month
15. Make and follow a house cleaning schedule for one month
16. Get current on blog books and have them printed
17. Memorize the Family Proclamation as a family
18. Scan mission letters and pictures and make a book
19. Convert old home videos to digital and scan old photos
20. Create a legal will
21. Learn how to use Quickbooks
22. Run a marathon
23. Do a bedroom makeover including new bedroom furniture
24. Remodel bathrooms
25. Get and MP3 player 11/26/2010
26. Frame and hang kids school pictures
27. Re-create and follow the budget for 2 month
28. Don't eat any fast food for 3 months
29. Get nice beds for the kids
30. Wear cute outfits from my closet for a month
31. Help (or at least support) finishing the playhouse
32. Get some back drops and learn how to use lighting equipment
33. Improve the front landscape
34. Do a 30 minute personal scripture study every day for a month
35. Read assigned Sunday School and Relief Society lessons for a month
36. Buy a movie projector
37. Go a week without losing my patience
38. Buy a bigger van
39. Sing a solo 3 times 1. 12/19/10
40. Take a piano class or lessons and perform
41. Follow Accountable Kids program completely for a month (we adapted the program a bit)
42. Pray with Peter every day for a week
43. Create a new family tradition for each month of the year
44. Get house painted
45. Say soul-searching non-repetitive prayers for a week
46. Fit into my wedding dress
47. Get a pretty area rug for living room
48. Practice sitting for church every day for a week
49. Teach Carter and Lily, and Luke to sit and play quietly
50. Make a list of things I want to teach my children
51. Memorize The Living Christ as a family
52. Create a wedding book
53. Write 25 memories from my life
54. Have another roommate reunion
55. Organize all of our computer backup files and make a better back up system
56. Take a Disney vacation
57. Get a new piano
58. Print and display some wedding photos in our bedroom
59. Create a new meal plan system with healthy meals
60. Do something extra and unexpected for Peter each day for 2 weeks
61. Use planner weekly compass and plan each day for 2 month
62. Organize recipes and create a cookbook
63. Shop at the farmers market once a week for a month
64. Decorate for Christmas
65. Make a wall collage
66. Finish Christmas advent calendar and plan activities 12/10
67. Follow a personal morning and night routine and follow for 2 weeks
68. Keep car cleaned and vacuumed for a month
69. Do a photo shoot with kids each month for 3 months
70. Take a one week media fast
71. Follow an exercise program for 1 months
72. Finish basement remodel
73. Decorate kids rooms
74. Dress windows in LR and DR
75. Do hair and make-up every day for a month
76. Make and eat only whole foods for a week
77. Find out recommended water storage and do it
78. Research bi-monthly house payments and how it would affect us
79. Create a photography website in addition to blog
80. Follow a healthy eating plan for 2 months
81. Make office into an organized craft room/office combo
82. Study Book of Mormon with religion manual
83. Study D&C with religion manual
84. Study Old Testament with religion manual
85. Study New Testament with religion manual
86. Read The Holy Temple and POGP with manual
87. Set up auto withdrawal for Roth IRAs, savings accounts and all possible bills
88. Make cute church bag totes for kids
89. Hem all my pants
90. Revamp my blog
91. Fill food storage shelves
92. Get a glass cover for dining table
93. Teach piano lessons to older kids for 1 month
94. Make a summer schedule for kids that includes work/learning/play/service and follow it
95. Make some clear long term goals with Peter
96. No TV Shows/Movies/Netflix in our house for a month
97. Make really good whole wheat bread
98. Be able to do 1 pull up
99. Complete the Teaching Children Responsibility book
100. Put door stoppers on all our doors and patch all the dings in the walls
101. Do 6 family service projects
Anyone else want to do this?
Saturday, October 23, 2010
101 Goals in 1001 Days
Posted by Pricilla at 12:42 PM
Labels: 101 Goals in 1001 Days List
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 awesome comments:
wow cool...I want to do this...
What a great list! I need to make one of these.
Ok, I'm totally overwhelmed. I wish you the best of luck. You can do it, just not all at once. I like have you set short term goals for things. Those are some amazing goals. I think I'll come up with some specific ones like you did with reasonable amounts of time. I really like that idea.
I can do #98, not sure on the others, GO Cilla
awesome List! are you still working on these? I want to make a list and do this! cool! by the way you get to cross off a few now... disney trip (last feb), education week (next month), etc.
Post a Comment