Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soccer 2010

We put Dallin, Eden and Tanner in a free church soccer league this year.  It was so fun to go and watch the kids play.  They all made big improvements.  I loved enjoying the last few warm summer evenings as a family.  I also liked being in a family setting with all those LDS people.  It reminded me of the feeling at BYU.  We went Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour and it was mostly games each time, which I like so much better than tons of practices.  It was so convenient to have all the kids play in one place at the same time, cousins everywhere, you can't beat the price,  and HELLO, no Saturdays! We are definitely fans of doing this while the kids are little.

Larry was Eden and Tanner's coach.  He is a fun coach.  The kids just love him. My favorite was the day we showed up and he was wearing goofy glasses while he coached.  He really knows how to reach them.





 The little trooper.  This picture made me laugh.

Eden's new found athleticism was awesome to watch.  Some games she scored 6 or 7 goals!  Larry said she was the secret weapon. 



This picture puts it perfectly.  Tanner was not quite as into it as Eden.  That's putting it gently.  This was Tanner's first time playing, so it took a few games to even get him to go out on the field.  Then one day Larry just picked him up, took him out to the ball and said "Kick it Tanner!"  Tanner liked chasing the ball so he could kick it more after that, but his attention span still got the better of him most of the time.  Still he came a long way and enjoyed it.


Schooling the boys. Love it!

My batteries died the day I brought a camera so there is only this one of Dallin.  Dallin showed lots of improvement this year as well.  Peter was his coach, which turned out great.  Dallin learned to play defense and goalie this year and I think he liked that the best, although he does great on offense too.  He even scored a goal from across the field while being the goalie once.  In his last game, he blocked every single shot of the game but one.  What I really liked was seeing him really into the games.  When he was younger, it was like he would wait and go play when told, but didn't really see the whole picture.  Now he does.


Making a sweet block.

Team Pictures:

The Cougars


The Ice Fire Scorpions

Again, I just loved how this turned into such great family time.  It made my heart happy when I would say "Time to get ready for soccer!" and the kids would get all excited and run around the house and yell "Time for soccer, time for soccer!" while putting their gear on. 

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin