Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Advent

We have been having so much October fun and it is all due to this trusty Advent Calendar.  I found the ideaat THIS BLOG, and watched her video.  I couldn't stand how cute it was and quickly went to work. I liked that it wasn't too complicated, just sewing on pockets and gluing.  I think the rickrack made a nice touch too. We were out of town at the beginning of October, so we didn't get started until the 6th, but the kids LOVE it (so do I)!  It is made of felt and scrapbook stickers.  I also found cute prepainted would chips at Michaels (all the really big pieces) that worked great.  Can you guess why it is hung so high near the ceiling????

 Isn't that so fun? I stuffed it with all kinds of fun Halloween candy, creepy treats, and activities.  The first day I put a piece of a Halloween decoration in to show that we were going to decorate.  There are cupcake picks for making cupcakes, Popsicle sticks for making Carmel apples, little crafts, pumpkin straws, candy beads for making necklaces, hair clips, glow bracelets for Halloween night, a pumpkin carving knife for the day we go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins, etc.  It has really helped me to keep it fun around here.  Like she says, they are only kids once. 

Here are a few of the pockets close.  I wish I had taken these before I stuffed them, but you get the idea. 

(not sure why this looks crooked)

















 Now we have stuff like this going on at our house

Can't wait to do something fun for Thanksgiving and Christmas now!

2 awesome comments:

Yours Truly said...

That is too cute. I know why it's way so hight up. Who wouldn't want to dig into the pockets and search them all. Or pull off the cute stickers on the pockets. I wish I lived in your house and was a kid again. You have so much fun. I'm jealous. Being a grown up isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Danielle said...

hello mrs. talented! that is super cool! i'm totally bookmarking this and copycating for next year. thanks for sharing! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin