Monday, October 11, 2010

The Hand of God in My Life

This is a neat video.  I helped me remember how important it is to write things down.  I find this to be so true with the few things I do write.


Speaking of that, I had a neat experience a couple of weeks ago.  I was feeling pretty discouraged as a mother.  It seemed that my kids were outnumbering me, my patience was gone and none of them would listen to me.  It was a Sunday afternoon and Peter was taking us to the Temple for a tour of the grounds.  It was the last day of the summer tours and his parents were the guides.  As we passed over I-5, I thought to myself, "Maybe I should talk to this sister in my Ward.  She is a mother with a few children and seems to do a great job with her family."  I thought maybe she would have some bits of advice for me.  But then I thought, "too bad I didn't talk to her this morning at church.  Now I won't see her for a week."

We pulled into the parking lot and as we were getting the kids out, to my disbelief, guess who also pulls into the parking lot?  The very same person I was just thinking about!  I thought that was weird, but didn't think I would get a chance to talk to her since we were doing a tour.  There were 3 families there including mine so our group was pretty small.  We enjoyed the tour experience with Peter's parents, although we were reigning in kids the whole time, trying to teach them respect and reverence.

Then as the tour ended at the reflection pond everyone kind of dispersed and visited a little bit.  I decided to take my chance to talk to the sister from my ward.  I told her how I was feeling and asked her for advice.  She listened and empathised with me.  I knew she would get it.  Then she said "Well, maybe what you need to hear is that you are doing a good job.  Just keep doing what you are doing." She said a few other comforting things and that was it.  It was nice to talk to someone who really understands.  I was just still amazed that she was there.

Then the next day, I was sitting on the couch feeding Lily, still feeling really overwhelmed when who would knock on my door?  Oh yes, it was her again.  I was a bit embarrassed about the state of my house at the moment, but she quickly put that at ease by describing her own busy house.  She brought me a comfort basket with lots of goodies.  There were General Conference activities for the kids, organic apples and carmel dip, and of course the good chocolate for me.  It was so sweet.  She visited with me for a few minutes and gave some more comfort and hugged me goodbye. 

After she left I felt so loved and comforted. Not just by her, but by the Lord.  "The errand of angels is given to women."
-As Sisters in Zion

This experience makes me realize more than ever that the Lord is aware of me.  I know He loves me and is happy with  my efforts to raise a righteouss family.  He is watching over me and my little family and wants me to know that.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin