Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pregnancy Humor

Sometimes even though I am feeling aweful, I have to look and see that some of this pregnancy stuff is actually pretty funny. I have to write about that because if I don't make fun of myself than I will just whine and I am trying not to do that.

I will start with the cravings. Anything salty, sour or spicy all the way. It is funny because when I am not pregnant I have the biggest sweet tooth in the world, but now, I would take something nice and salty over sweets any day. Some examples of these cravings are of course pickles (especially baby dills), but one day pickles just wasn't cutting it. I finally found a jar of peperoncini peppers in the fridge and dove in. I ate them until my mouth burned too much to eat anymore. It hit the spot though. Then at Costco much to Peter's dismay I bought a huge jar of pickled artichoke hearts, but they made me feel so sick I can't eat them and now we have this huge jar full in the fridge. Then there was the fateful day that we passed a Burger King. We HAD to stop and get some onion rings, but not small, a large order. Oh, I was so sick for the rest of the day, it was aweful. Lastly, Taco Bell just does it for me for some reason. Especially a bean burrito with sour cream and extra onions!!! Okay I know for sure this stuff is not normal.

Then there is the crying. I can't watch Oprah unless I plan on crying and even the smallest sentimental things really get to me. Today I got a forward of the video with the Autistic basketball player kid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQkfQlwp4s . I don't know what came over me, but I didn't just get choked up, I was a mess. Just watching how the crowd loved the boy and was so exited for him made me lose it. Must hit close to home or something. I have to control my emotions just talking about it.

I have been the epitamy of a frumpy housewife the last few weeks too. I have only put on makeup if I have to and pony tails have been an everyday thing. I guess I am reserving the little energy I have for the kids. Last night we went to the temple and Eden was watching me get ready. So when I was done putting on my dress and make-up and everything Eden said "Wow, you look so pretty!" It was cute, but I also had to laugh at this rare occasion.

All I can say is bring on the second trimester, I am ready.

3 awesome comments:

Memory said...

Ha! Those are crazy cravings. I only ever wanted a soft serve cone from McDonald's. Weird. And it seems you don't even have to have an Autistic child to break up over that video. I'm a wreck now. :-) I loved it.

Heidi said...

hahah way to look on the bright triggers. hahha. who knew...pickles. :)

Cheney Family said...

Oh the memories of pregnancy!! I use to have those cravings too for salt instead of sweets.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin