This holiday weekend was a blast. Peter got off work at noon on Wednesday so we drove until 10:30 and stayed with my sister in Salem. Her little twin girls are getting big, but for 3 months really only look like 6 weeks since they were early. I had fun getting more baby hungry with them.
Thursday morning Peter went with Dan and Maurice, two of my brother in laws, to play football. They had a great time, but Peter wished it was ultimate Frisbee. Then we went to my Aunt's house for dinner with all of my relatives. I hadn't seen some of them in almost a year. It was so much fun to visit and catch up. We had a group of about 40. I didn't want the day to end it was so much fun.
Then we were off to Peter's parents to spend the weekend. We got to see both of Peter's grandpas and Larry D's family as well. It was fun having a sudoku tournament, playing games, and eating sooooooo much food. I think I went from looking 3-4 months pregnant to looking 6 months pregnant!
Friday Morning we woke up at 4:45 for some black Friday shopping. Peter won a gift card in a raffle from Clark Pest Control so we were ready and loaded. About a week ago we also sold our camera to Peter's brother so I have been dying without a camera. So we bought an awesome new camera and video camera! After the gift card and camera money we didn't have to use any of our own money. That was a huge plus. I am so exited about our new toys. I had never been out on a black Friday so it was pretty fun to see the crowds that come out that early. There was definitely excitement in the air.
Friday afternoon I had a nice lunch at Benihana with my sister Laurel who I was not able to see on Thanksgiving. That food is definitely in my top favorites. It was fun to visit with my sister. Then Friday evening we went to Larry D's for dinner and then swimming with all the Dickinsons. The kids had such a fun time, they didn't want to leave.
Saturday we watched the BYU vs. Utah football game at Larry D's. It was most exiting in the last 2 and a half minutes of the game and we won! Then we had another big dinner and watched the movie Hairspray, which I really liked. Then we played games until we were so tired we couldn't play anymore.
Today we will drive back to California and it is back to real life tomorrow. At least we will get to come back in just a few weeks. It is a little weird to come to Oregon and not have our house. I really look forward to being back permanently some day. I will put on our pictures when I get home.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thanksgiving
Posted by Pricilla at 8:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 awesome comments:
that sounds fun. I can't wait to spend Christmas at home!
I finnally saw hairspray too! It was fun! I liked it! Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas!
What a fun trip! I just love the holidays- all the food and family, can't beat it! Hope your drive home was quick and safe. Can't wait to see pictures.
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving weekend!! Can't wait to see pictures!
That sounds like a fun weekend. We went shopping on Black Friday too. It was exciting to get up early and see all those people fight for things. I found some good deals too! We'll see you in a few weeks!
it was fun seeing u guys! and cant wait to see ya winter break!
We miss you guys already, Luke and I need a rematch against you all in Scrabble. Black friday was fun this year got stuff but nothing critcal so little pressure.
Post a Comment