Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Weather / Dallin

This is the craziest Fall for me. I can't believe that on most days it is still in the 70s and almost always sunny. The mornings are quite a bit cooler so we have been putting layers on Dallin for his bus ride, but by the time he comes home, t-shirts are fine. This is so strange since I am used to lots of rain and cooler temps.

Dallin's teacher called me yesterday to tell me how well he is doing. She said that he is saying so many original things and behaving great. Yesterday, he pulled his shirt up and told the teacher that he had a baby in his tummy but that "it won't come out for a long time." She didn't know we were expecting, but I guess the secrets out. I just think it is cool that he gets it. Then when she was working with him on something and there was a lot of noise outside he said he heard an elephant. She told him that an elephant was too big to be at school, so he explained that it was just a little elephant. He is also getting Occupational Therapy at school, which he loves and he is having a speech therapy evaluation next week.

I think I already wrote about church going really well, but it is amazing. He can sit through all of sacrament. We usually take him for a walk at some point but he has to earn it by sitting quietly for 5 minutes. I think that is pretty good for any kid. Tanner is now our little sacrament meeting disruptor.

Home therapy is well underway now too. They come for 3 hours every afternoon. It is great motivation to have my house spotless every day. He usually just loves all the attention and is pretty compliant. The way it works is that he gets rewards for complying with demands. For example, if asked "What is your name?" He says "Dallin",so his tutor says"that's right", and he gets to swing in a blanket or have a mini m&m. They have tons of lessons that they work on. Potty training is going great too. He stays dry all day with very few accidents. I am just so glad to be here, I really believe this help will affect the rest of his life. We have been so blessed for moving. I am so exited for Dallin's future.

9 awesome comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great, Pricilla! I like the elephant story. I am so impressed that he can sit through Sacrament meeting...Joshua is our problem at times too :) Good luck with everything!! We are going to be down there at Thanksgiving. Are you guys gonna be up here? If not, we'll try and stop by and see you!

Cheney Family said...

I am so glad to here things are going so well with Dallin!! It reminds of the hand that Heavenly Father has in our lives and how he directs us to where we need to be. Good to hear things are going well.

Pricilla said...

Yes we are planning to go to Oregon from the 21-25. If Peter doesn't have a job by then we may stay longer, but he has a very promising interview next week so we are crossing our fingers. What are your travel dates?

Heidi said...

thats sooo cool about dallin! im so happy its all working out! and im glad ur coming home thanksgiving same timea s me then we can see eachother! yeaah!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to me Dallin can pee standing up. Now he is a real man!
Peter

Larry and Michelle Dickinson said...

I'm so happy for you! It sounds like Dallin is progressing so quickly!

Danielle said...

That post made me so excited for you guys and your sweet boy! After all your hard work- you're finally getting the results you wanted- good job to you and Dallin!!

Memory said...

This is a tear-jerker story. It's wonderful how things are working out for you guys and Dallin. You are right...the sacrifice you made to move there to get him the right help will positively impact the rest of his life. You can't put a price tag on that!!

Julia said...

SO glad to hear the great update on dallin!! what a blessing, for sure. what a testimony that heavenly father is aware of us and our needs and will provide for us!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin