I am very Happy today and here are a few reasons why:
- I am very exited to try all the recipes in the Dickinson family cookbook that Tammy compiled. There are so many things I want to try I don't know where to start. I also got Deceptively Delicious, another cookbook so I have tons of new things to try.
- I found out when I got home from our trip that my ultrasound is this Friday, not next Tuesday. I don't know how I mixed that up, but I am totally exited now.
- I got so many comments on Dallin's progress when we were home. It was so awesome to hear peoples reviews after not seeing him for a while. He did so great there and I think he is talking even more after so much interaction. He is expressing himself so much more and just telling me exactly what he wants. He was so social with other children and adults thatI can also see a lot of progress there.
- Dallin has been out of school since thanksgiving and he started up again. He has also not been getting his tues/thurs home therapy and that will start today as well so he will be full time into his programs from now on. I am anxious to see how his progress goes with everything really going full force the first time for the whole 35 hours each week. We also have 6 hours of respite a week now, but I haven't found a worker yet. We are also going to have some special parent training 1 hour a week with the ABA therapist so I am exited to learn all I can.
- I love the fresh start feeling of a new year. I also feel good about having a great 2007. I am all ready to make my lists of goals, project, getting more organized, and family plans for this year.
- Christmas Cards. I love making and sending out our cards each year and I love getting the mail every day in December and seeing who else shows up in our mailbox. The pictures and letters are all so fun and I feel kinda special that someone would send me a card. When we got home from our trip, there was a plethura waiting for us since we were gone.
Funny Moments From our Trip:
- Dallin saying that anything off limits is "unavailable"
- Peter naming the first iPOT after finding Heidi's iPOD dock on the back of the toilet.
- Dallin was eating a sucker and decided to save the rest for later. He found some easy storage by sticking it through the holes of his Croc shoe. It worked very well.
- Heidi and Tammy's banter while playing Mad Gab "Tammy, I'm not crazy!" made me laugh so hard I cried.
- Dallin noticed that a key was loose on Heidi's laptop and proceeded to pull 90% of the keys off. Some required putting 3 pieces together just right for one key to fix. It took Luke, Sherry and I 2 hours to get it all working again. Not so funny at the time though.
- Tanner begging for "nanny" candy all the time.
0 awesome comments:
Post a Comment