Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tanner Language/Close Call

I realized that Tanner is talking so much, but most of it no one would understand but me. Here are a few things that he says all the time:

awe stu! - I'm stuck

awe poopo0 - I'm poopy (this one suprised me because when he poops he then comes and tells me)

get dow - get down (out of his high chair)

holdoo! - Hold you (pick me up)

Ewe! - pretty clear, this one is usually talking about his diaper too.

Meel- milk (he begs for it all day, but I only let him have 2 cups a day)

kiki- blanky(he is a total blanky boy always carrying the favorite one around)

heyow - hello

haw daddy- hi daddy! (he says this to just about anyone)

agi - candy

kiki - also means cookie

all duh - all done

api - airplane

These are a few examples, but he talked like this all the time. I am constantly surprised when I think about what he says because it really means something in his own little Tanner language.

I am haunted by what happened last night. It seems like we have had to save Tanner so many times. Anyway we were watching a movie all of the sudden, I heard the familiar clicking sound of our gas range being turned on. Realizing that Tanner was in the kitchen I panicked and started screaming and getting up as fast as my belly would let me. Peter jumped up and passed me and grabbed Tanner just as the flame lit. Tanner had used his high chair as a ladder to get to the bananas on the counter next to the stove and he was sitting right on the burner that was lit. It was too close for comfort. I could tell you 3 or 4 stories just as scary about that boy. I guess I have to keep his high chair out of the kitchen and my counters completely cleared off from now on. As nice as a gas stove is, it isn't worth having with small kids. Eden started a fire with it the day after we moved in and Dallin has turned it on once too. Scary stuff!

5 awesome comments:

Paul and Kari said...

Wow, I'm glad Peter got to him in time! That is pretty scary.

Tammy said...

ahhhh I hate gas stoves... Thats scary! good job in saving the boy in time..

Danielle said...

Your little Tanner sounds like my Jacob. For some reason, it seems like some kids are just more prone to that kind of stuff. When Jake was very young I realized that my main goal, for him, was to get him through each day safely. I still pray for that daily!

Heidi said...

wow that is scary. thats cte language too

Meredith said...

oh my goodness! is that what it's like with a little boy? alisa is so cautious that sometimes i have trouble getting her to be more daring.

have you tried taking off the knobs to the stove and only putting them on when you cook? i knew someone who did that and it worked pretty well.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin