Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley

I am filled with joy and sadness as I reflect on the passing of this great prophet. At the age of 97, I could guess that a release from this life was a joyful experience as he was excepted into the arms of his wife and loved ones. President Hinckley was a prophet since I was in high school and his service has been such a wonderful time for our church. I loved to hear him speak with boldness and strength. He loved the Gospel and lived it his whole life. He made so many contributions to the church with technology and as a prophet with Temples. What a goal centered optimist. He saw so many great things for our church and brought them to pass. He saw the faces of those in other places and did whatever he could to bring them the opportunity of temple blessings. He always sparkled when he came into a room and spoke so positively and with a great sense of humor. I remember seeing him in conference and I loved the feeling that came over the room when he entered the room. He waved his cane at everyone which was so endearing that everyone laughed. I remember when I was in the BYU Women's Chorus when we preformed a concert in the new conference center. President Hinckley came and sat in the center of the front row. I felt like I was singing what was in my heart to him. I will always remember seeing him there and feeling my testimony grow as I watched him listen to our music. I loved hearing his 6 be's and all of the wisdom of his dress and grooming standards. I remember sitting in the living room of my college apartment and hearing him counsel against more than one pair of ear piercings. Having double holes in my ears, I vowed never to wear more than one pair again immediately. Because I have scars in my ears from the second hole, I will have to explain to my daughter why they are there. I am glad that I will be able to tell her that I followed the prophets council right away and never went back on that. President Hinckley was my prophet as I am sure many feel such a personal love for him. He was a great leader and prophet in the Latter Day dispensation.

0 awesome comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin